Software developer with a solid understanding on how computers work. Experienced in web and desktop applications. Specialized at building clean and secure websites with bespoke designs. Open to exploring other fields and remote job opportunities.
İzmir, Turkey · Website · Email · GitHub · Twitter
Freelance software developer (2012–Present)
Built, launched and maintained 50+ websites to date. Selected works:
- Amasya Et Ürünleri: Handled development and system administration of e-commerce website, with long-term support.
- Anlas: Engineered a multilingual website with product catalog and dealer locator.
- Borusan Logistics: Developed web interface for internal operations, provided on-site consultancy.
- Çocuk İçin İçerik Derneği: Built a platform for content reviews, released mobile applications for Android and iOS.
- Līgavām: Restored and improved all backend functionalities of a website with no backups.
- Minti Monti: Customized off-the-shelf games for a digital magazine promoted by shopping malls around Turkey.
- SADAL: Built SPAs for B2B and B2C online stores.
- Tıkla Gelsin: Developed a casual game in Facebook’s playable ads format.
Editor at Setimedia (2007–2016)
- Designed and developed DVD interfaces for Oyungezer, Free2Play and Foto Atlas magazines.
- Developed the desktop application for TTNET Oyun game platform.
- Worked at Oyungezer magazine and its side projects. Was responsible for science & technology pages, editorial correspondence, promotional DVDs, proofreading. Wrote reviews, translated various media, conducted interviews, moderated community forums, fell in love.
Freelance writer at Vogel (2007)
- Wrote articles and reviews for LEVEL and CHIP Oyun magazines.
- General knowledge: Operating systems, memory, concurrency, caching, optimization, algorithms, data structures
- Version control: Git, Subversion
- Internet: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP
- Platforms: Windows, GNU/Linux, Android
- Design: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, XD, Figma
- Office: Word, Excel
- Hobbies: Reverse engineering, emulators
- Servers (Apache, IIS, nginx), hosting (cPanel, Plesk, WHM)
- HTML, CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Tailwind CSS) and preprocessors (PostCSS, Sass), JS libraries and frameworks (Angular, jQuery, React, Next.js, Vue), package managers (npm), build tools (Webpack, Vite)
- APIs: GraphQL, REST
- Databases: MySQL
- Security: HTTPS, SSL/TLS, CORS, CSP
- CMSs (WordPress), static site generators (Hugo)
- SEO fundamentals
See @erengy for projects and contributions. Highlights:
- Taiga: 1.9k stars, most popular C++ project made in Turkey.
- Cradle: WordPress starter theme, empowering dozens of live websites.
- hypp & hypr: Standards-compliant HTTP client libraries.
- Philosophy, Anadolu University Open Education Faculty (2017–2020, 3.49 GPA)
- American Culture and Literature, Istanbul University (2010–2011, dropped)
- Meteorological Engineering, Istanbul Technical University (2006–2010, dropped)
- Turkish (native)
- English (professional proficiency)
Linguistics, philosophy, AI, cognitive science, video games, Japanese culture, metal music, fantasy and science fiction